, Guest!
Already a Member? Login or Register.

Menu

Showcase

Due to the volume of spam happening on our forums, posting is now restricted to verified members only.  If you're not verified, drop us a note with your username.

Home > FlexCMS Support Forum > News & Info > FlexCMS Information > Flex Integration and SSL

FlexCMS Support Forum

Flex Integration and SSL
Started November 2, 2009 @ 10:53am by dstbellevue
Post Message 
dstbellevue

Flex Integration and SSLNovember 2, 2009 @ 10:53am
Hello,

I have 2 questions:

1. I'd like to use flex with another application such that flex calls that applications user table rather than Flex's for login. Is it possible to do this without problems. If so what do I need to set?

2. Can Flex be used with SSL. I have my own certificate. Where would I set Flex to do this.

Flex is a good CMS, but I'd like to team it with another product that has a more robust shopping cart. If there are instructions somewhere on how to do this, I'd appreciate it, as I have not located them yet.

Thanks,

DCSun
Administrator

November 2, 2009 @ 11:19am
Hello,

1. Yes, you could have it use a different users table if you like. If you have some PHP programming knowledge that code is located in index.php starting on line 203. Obviously that may have some implications depending on how you set it up, as you might lose the ability to log in as an administrator or other site features that depend on user information in that table. I'm guessing you'll either want to add additional information to the other package's table to include the user's permission level, or set them up in series so the FlexCMS one gets checked and then if they're not listed there it checks the other one.

2. Yes, FlexCMS can be used over SSL quite easily, however at this point it's going to be one or the other, there's no easy way to switch back and forth. Simply change your license to include the https:// rather than http:// and that will be reflected in the license key and Base URL for your site. If you want this done for an existing license just let us know and we can update it for you.

Also, please feel free to let us know the areas you'd like to see the eCommerce module improved and we'll be happy to take a look at those for you. It's one of the areas that will have some changes coming in the next version.

David

FlexCMS v3.2 Has Been Released!

Post Message 

Try & Buy FeedForAll - Easy to use RSS Feed Creator - great for iTunes users!

MEMBERS

All Contents, Code, Scripts and Technologies Copyright 2003-2009 FlexCMS.
All Rights Reserved. Software License Agreement

Processing Time: 0.17507 seconds.

Management Login